“Your product is great and your explanations are easy to follow. Looks like I can update them myself for future transfers past 2022.” – R.B., Kailua, Hawaii
For only $99, you will receive the following items with your purchase:
TSP Timing Data – The current Excel spreadsheet which provides the following tabs of information:
- Returns Summary – This tab summarizes the annual returns of all TSP Timing strategies (a total of seven), as well as all comparison investing strategies such as buying and holding the C fund, or a balanced mix of funds.
- Strategy Rules – A summary of the rules used for each of the strategies. The rules are discussed in more detail in the Manual.
- Future IFTs – This tab lists the interfund transfers (IFTs) you would make if you decide to follow one of the strategies with part or all of your portfolio. The IFTs are provided for at least two years into the future beyond the date of your purchase. And if you’d like you can purchase updated spreadsheets every year for just $39 once you’re an established customer. It’s best to do this in January each year after I’ve completed annual updates and added a year of IFTs.
- Daily Data – This tab is the heart of the system. It includes data for all of the funds going back for 30+ years, and going forward for at least 2 years. The data is then used on other tabs to calculate monthly/annual returns.
- Monthly Data – This tab takes the daily data and summarizes returns in a monthly format, and then has three tables with 10-year, 20-year, and 30+year returns for each fund as well as the percentage of the months over that period that the funds had a positive return. This information is then used to decide which funds to be in at any given time of the year.
- Monthly Fund Summary – This tab provides the summary of the best funds to be in during each month of the year. This data is one of the building blocks of the TSP Timing system.
- UE Rate Data – This tab provides unemployment rate data which can be used to attempt to time the top of bull markets and exit the system. It’s no longer part of the system however, and I no longer track the former “Bull/Bear” strategy. In the manual I provide a full explanation of how this former strategy works, and it worked very well for the 2001-03 and 2007-09 bear markets (but has since not worked well, including for the sharp crash in 2020).
- New and Old Tweaks – These two tabs provide mountains of background information for those interested in learning how the system was developed. It’s the reason why the Excel spreadsheet is now over 3.4 MB’s.
TSP Timing Manual – A pdf document containing a complete description and instructions for use of the TSP Timing Data spreadsheet. This Manual includes an introduction, then sections that thoroughly describe all of the information on each spreadsheet tab described above.
Updates – You may purchase current updated spreadsheets and the accompanying TSP Timing Manual at any time for just $39. Many customers do this once per year in January.
Please note, before you make your purchase, please make sure you have the ability to open and work with a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (unless you specify an older format, it will be sent in Excel Workbook format). Due to the nature of this product there can be no refunds; see refund policy on the under the “About” menu.
Ready to make your purchase? Please visit the Purchase page.